How To Delete or unlock Undeletable files or folder from Windows 10,8 or 7
- Cannot delete file: Access is denied
- The file is in use by another program or user
- Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use
- There has been a sharing violation
- The source or destination file may be in use
So as we already said that there are two way to delete these types of files permanently .
1.Using a free Software
- LockHunter – Foolproof File Unlocker
LockHunter is a free software to unlock and delete files.The Procedure is very simple.
Step 1.Download the software and Install it in Pc/Lappy.
Step 2.Go to the file and Right click on it through the mouse.
Step 3.From the New Opened menu click on What is locking this file?
Step 4. Click on Delete it or Unlock it.
So with above method you can delete Undeletable files and folder from your pc.
- Malwarebytes FileASSASSIN – Delete Locked Files
Steps to delete files with Malwarebytes FileASSASSIN;-
IObit Unlocker is a light-weighted (only 2.34mb) yet powerful tool designed to fix the 'Cannot Delete' or 'Access Denied' problems. It can 'Force' terminate all related processes that prevent you from deleting or accessing files / folders that you need to.
Using the Command Prompt
- Go to the "Command Prompt." You can find this be going to "Start" and then typing "CMD" or "Command Prompt" without the quotation marks into the search bar.
- Right-click on "Command Prompt." This will prompt a drop down menu where you can select "Run as Administrator.You will need to have Admin Access in order to complete this method.
- Wait for a back window to appear. This is where you will input your command in order to delete a file.
- Enter your command. This command will look something like the following: .DEL /F /Q /A C:\\Users\\Your username\\The location of the file\\Name of the file you wish to delete.
- Press Enter. This will now permanently delete the file.
- For example if you are trying to delete a file named "abcde.exe," the command will look like this: .DEL /F /Q /A C:\\Users\\Your Username\\Desktop\\abcde.exe
So I hope After Using Any Of the Above Methode You will definitly delete the File or Folder which is undeletable through Windows Explorer..And Whenever you face these Errors then use any of the Above Methodes.
Warning: Please use caution with FileASSASSIN as deleting critical system files may cause system errors.